199 Elm St.
New Canaan, CT 06840
The Glass House midcentury modern is designed by architect Philip Johnson, is a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation located in New Canaan, CT. The 49-acre pastoral landscape has fourteen structures designed by Johnson including: The Glass House + Brick House (1949), Pavilion on the Pond (1964), Painting Gallery (1965), Sculpture Gallery (1970) , Studio (1980), Ghost House (1984), Da Monsta (1995) and features a permanent collection of 20th-century art by John Chamberlain, Lynn Davis, Michael Heizer, Robert Morris, Robert Rauschenberg, Frank Stella, Cindy Sherman, George Segal and more as well as site-specific sculptures by artist Donald Judd and Julian Schnabel.
A visit includes a walking tour in the landscape. Tours range from 1 general to 3-hour in-depth tours, including group tours and private tours.